ASP.NET 2.0 updateable deployment

Scott

I'm publishing my ASP.NET 2.0 (vb.net for code) website using VS 2005's
Publishing wizard. When I do this, I check the Updateable checkbox and
publish it a local file, then setup a virtual director on my local IIS
pointing to the file, set my permissions correctly and browse it. Everything
works properly.

In reading my WROX books, it appears that checking this option would allow
me to update individual pages on the site. ... but this doesn't seem to be
the case. If I make changes to a page and then copy it to my directory, ASP
complains that is can't find the corresponding .vb file? If not, how do I
build/copmile/deploy my site so that I can make changes without a full
recompile and redeploy? Do I just do an XCOPY of everything in my
development folder?

Eventually I'd like to deploy a compiled version, but during the first beta
testing I'd rather have the ability to quickly fix problems.