ASP.NET 2.0 Using MOSS 2007 functionality

AGH

I have an Intranet based on ASP.NET 2.0 using Webparts to give a
similar experience to Sharepoint. This development was made as
Sharepoint 2003 did not suit our needs and Sharepoint 2007 was not
ready.

Now that Sharepoint 2007 is ready (and being demo'd) I am getting
questions regarding features available in the new Sharepoint that we
do not currently have. I am reluctant to throw away the current
Intranet and replace it with Sharepoint, but I would like to use some
of the new features (without jumping out of one site and into
another).

If I have Sharepoint Server installed on my webserver, can I access
Sharepoint Functionality programatically from my ASP.NET 2.0 Code???

My applogies if this is posted in the wrong spot, I am thankful for
any suggestions (or forums where this should be posted).

AGH