ASP.NET 2 Beta 2 - Need IIS installed?

VB Programmer

Do I need IIS installed before the beta 2 will work? I got (another)
conversion issue...

http://localhost/MyWebsite/ Errors 1
Conversion Issues - http://localhost/MyWebsite/:
Unable to open the Web 'http://localhost/MyWebsite. Could not
find a Web server at 'localhost' on port 80. Please check to make sure that
the Web server name is valid and your proxy settings are set correctly. If
you are sure that everything is correct, the Web server may be temporarily
out of service.

Any ideas? Sorry... and THANKS EVERYONE!

Juan T. Llibre

Yes, you need to have IIS installed *before*
installing the .Net Famework Beta 2.

VB Programmer

BEFORE the framework AND BEFORE VS.net both???

Juan T. Llibre said:
Yes, you need to have IIS installed *before*
installing the .Net Famework Beta 2.

Juan T. Llibre

Absolutely *before* both, if you want to develop web apps
which is the main thruist of this newsgroup.

If you aren't going to develop web apps and are, instead,
going to develop Windows Forms and/or Console apps,
then you don't need IIS.