ASP.NET 3.5 SP1 History feature and bookmarking

hhbcw

Hi all,

I have already asked about this issue I am facing with the
new History feature of ASP.NET 3.5 SP1 a few days ago (the
topic was then: “ScriptManager OnNavigate doesn't always
get firedâ€).

At that time, Bruce Barker was so friendly to comment on
the issue and he mentioned that the history feature works
pretty weird right now (because of the iframe hack in IE).
Now I would like to ask what are officially the browsers
that FULLY support the ASP.NET 3.5 SP1 History feature?
At another forum entry are following browsers mentioned:
(http://forums.asp.net/t/1371348.aspx)

- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and 7.0
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5, 2.0 and 3.0
- Apple Safari 3.0
- Opera 9.5

But when I have tested bookmarking with IE 7, IE 8 Beta and Firefox 3
none of those browsers worked as expected.

Btw, how are other developers combining Web 2.0 (Ajax) with
the possibilty to bookmark or copy a link from the current
state of the site. (For example, someone wants to email a link
to a product description at an ecommerce solution.)

I appreciate again everybody’s input.

Thank you!!

Best regards,

Hans