ASP.NET Configuration Wizard

Guest

Hi:

I'm having trouble setting this up. I placed the following information in
web.config:

<membership userIsOnlineTimeWindow="20">
<providers>
<add connectionStringName="SqlServices"
enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
passwordFormat="Hashed" applicationName="jibey.jacob"
name="SqlProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" />
</providers>
</membership>

When I launch the ASP.NET Configuration wizard from Visual Studio, and flip
to the Security tab, I can see one provider listed (I selected single
provider for all site management), which is AspNetSqlProvider. The
connnection string "SqlServices" exists in web.config. The problem is the
wizard always comes back with an error that says "unable to establish a
connection to the database".

Before I placed all this information in web.config, I had started with a
bare-bones web.config that VS2005 had created. And I created the membership
database in SQL Server using aspnet_regsql.

There's just this one other thing that bothers me about this: how does the
ASP.NET Configuration Wizard know which host and sql server instance name to
look for?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.