ASP.NET Framework 2.0 / validateRequest / A potentially dangerous Request

manfred

I try to switch off the validateRequest value in the Web.Config File on
Framework 2.0 - see below.
On the Visual Studio 2005 I get the right reaction. But on the WIndows
2003 Server no chance to switch the validateRequest to false! I
rebooted the system, I restarted the service, I restarted the
application pool - anytime no reaction! Is there an other switch to
turn on or off?
Thanks for any help, regarding Framework 2.0

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<appSettings file="appSettings.xml" />
<connectionStrings/>
<system.web>
<pages validateRequest="false" />
<httpModules>
<add name="RefreshTrapper"
type="CeTris.RefreshTrapper.RefreshTrapperModule,RefreshTrapper" />
</httpModules>
<compilation debug="true"/>
<authentication mode="Windows"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I'm having a similar problem, but the other way around - I can't turn it on! I know, it's supposed to default to "true" - isn't happening on our 2003 Server machines, but is working on XP. Any ideas?

Thanks.