ASp.net Mobile Forms authentication on Nokia Mobile Browser 4.0

Ryan Malone

Hi All

Ive written a portal mobile portal in vb.net that I want to secure to
only authenticated users. I am having great difficulty doing this, as
when I test in the nokia wap simulator 4.0 (most of the users will
have nokia browsers) I cant seem to store any state.

When I authenticate the user, NMB 4.0 doesnt reflect the persisted
information. THe web config file is set to not use cookies and the
state is persisted if I test it with a an actual nokia 6230(GPRS), the
open wave simulator and also normal IE browser. Any Help is
appreciated.

(details of the authentication Im using is below):

Dim username As String = "RyanMalone"
FormsAuthentication.Initialize()
Dim strRole As String = AssignRoles(username)

'The AddMinutes determines how long the user will be logged in
after leaving
'the site if he doesn't log off.
Dim fat As FormsAuthenticationTicket = New
FormsAuthenticationTicket(1, _
username.ToString, DateTime.Now, _
DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(1), False, strRole, _
FormsAuthentication.FormsCookiePath)
Response.Cookies.Add(New
HttpCookie(FormsAuthentication.FormsCookieName, _
FormsAuthentication.Encrypt(fat)))
Session("Telco") = "Optus"