Asp.net .net V 3.5 sp1 Visual Studio 2008 Vista Business Errors

Mike Mike

Multiple problems I believe are related. First SqlDatasource in designer
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I believe problems
is caused by unable to read and bind the connectionString settings in the
web.config file.

Second, when trying to run the ASP.Net web site administration tool recieve
the following error:
An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to
initialize the native configuration support external to the web worker
process (HRESULT=0x80070003). nativerd.dll must be in
%windir%\system32\inetsrv. at
System.Web.Configuration.ProcessHostConfigUtils.NativeConfigWrapper..ctor()
at System.Web.Configuration.ProcessHostConfigUtils.InitStandaloneConfig() at
System.Web.Configuration.ProcessHostMapPath..ctor(IProcessHostSupportFunctions
functions) at System.Web.Configuration.IISMapPath.GetInstance() at
System.Web.Configuration.HostingPreferredMapPath.GetInstance() at
System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.ChooseAndInitConfigMapPath(Boolean
useConfigMapPath, IConfigMapPath configMapPath, ConfigurationFileMap fileMap)
at System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.InitForConfiguration(String&
locationSubPath, String& configPath, String& locationConfigPath,
IInternalConfigRoot configRoot, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) at
System.Configuration.Configuration..ctor(String locationSubPath, Type
typeConfigHost, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) at
System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigConfigurationFactory.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigConfigurationFactory.Create(Type
typeConfigHost, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) at
System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.OpenConfiguration(WebLevel
webLevel, ConfigurationFileMap fileMap, VirtualPath path, String site, String
locationSubPath, String server, String userName, String password, IntPtr
tokenHandle) at
System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfigurationImpl(WebLevel
webLevel, ConfigurationFileMap fileMap, String path, String site, String
locationSubPath, String server, String userName, String password, IntPtr
userToken) at
System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfiguration(String
path) at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminPage.OpenWebConfiguration(String
path, String appPhysPath, Boolean getWebConfigForSubDir) at
System.Web.Administration.WebAdminPage.OpenWebConfiguration(String path,
Boolean getWebConfigForSubDir) at
System.Web.Administration.WebAdminPage.OpenWebConfiguration(String path) at
ASP.appconfig_manageappsettings_aspx.BindAppSettings() at
ASP.appconfig_manageappsettings_aspx.Page_Load() at
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.ArglessFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o) at
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender,
EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Marko

Multiple problems I believe are related. First SqlDatasource in
designer
> "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I believe problems
> is caused by unable to read and bind the connectionString settings in the
> web.config file.
>
> Second, when trying to run the ASP.Net web site administration tool recieve
> the following error:
> An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try
again.

You are not only one which have problems with visual studio 2008 and
windows vista combination. Vista is crap and VS2008 is new programming tool.
It is bad combination, look at this:
http://longurl.net/Vs2008Vista2008.aspx. But it will be fixed soon.

Mike Mike

Thanks for the reply. I don't have any of those Hot Fixes Installed. I'm
running Vista 64bit and those apply to 32bit.

I understand everyones frustrations. This Vista is possibly the worst OS I
every experienced. Microsoft should have NEVER released it without working
out the bugs and assisting vendor to create drivers. I'm still unable to
print to my HP Laser printer, what a joke.. Thanks for you assistance.