has anyone seen this before?

lindsay.manning

I understand it is a beta and I am just wondering if this is a bug that
will be fixed or if anyone might be able to shed some light on what is
happenning?

I am using VWD on WinXP Pro and SQL Server 2000.
I have set up and run aspnet_regsql fine and got the provider tab in
the Website Administrator to confirm the connection.
When I click the security tab I can add roles and users fine but when I
try and add a rule as soon as I click OK I get the following message:
Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

--- message ---
An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try
again.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: The string
cannot be null or empty. Parameter name: configPath at
System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.GetConfigPathParts(String
configPath) at
System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.GetConfigRecord(String
configPath) at System.Configuration.Configuration..ctor(String
locationSubPath, Type typeConfigHost, Object[]
hostInitConfigurationParams) at
System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigConfigurationFactory.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigConfigurationFactory.Create(Type
typeConfigHost, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) at
System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.OpenConfiguration(WebLevel
webLevel, ConfigurationFileMap fileMap, String path, String site,
String locationSubPath, String server, String userName, String
password, IntPtr tokenHandle) at
System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfigurationImpl(WebLevel
webLevel, ConfigurationFileMap fileMap, String path, String site,
String locationSubPath, String server, String userName, String
password, IntPtr userToken) at
System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.OpenMappedWebConfiguration(WebConfigurationFileMap
fileMap, String path) at
System.Web.Administration.WebAdminPage.OpenWebConfiguration(String
path, String appPhysPath, Boolean getWebConfigForSubDir) in
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles\App_Code\WebAdminPage.cs:line
314 at
System.Web.Administration.WebAdminPage.OpenWebConfiguration(String
path, Boolean getWebConfigForSubDir) in
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles\App_Code\WebAdminPage.cs:line
299 at ASP.createPermission_aspx.AddPermissionRule(String currentPath,
TextBox userName, ListControl roles, CheckBox userRadio, CheckBox
roleRadio, CheckBox allUsersRadio, CheckBox anonymousUsersRadio,
CheckBox grantRadio, CheckBox denyRadio) in
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles\Security\Permissions\createPermission.aspx:line
10 at ASP.createPermission_aspx.UpdateAndReturnToPreviousPage(Object
sender, EventArgs e) in
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles\Security\Permissions\createPermission.aspx:line
145 at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String
eventArgument) at
eventArgument) at
sourceControl, String eventArgument) at
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at

Juan T. Llibre

Bug it at the MSDN Product Feedback Center.

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/

You'll need to login with an active Passport account to file bugs.

[...]

Patrick.O.Ige

But i guess if youh ave an hotmail acct you should be able to login then.
Patrick

Juan T. Llibre said:
[...]

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePo