ASP.NET on a DomainController

Randy

I'm developing an ASP.NET app that uses ActiveDirectory. To demo
this, I've built a notebook as a Win2000 DomainController with IIS.
To my pleasant surprise this actually worked - at least until I
patched it the other night. Now I get nothing but security violations
(access denied), with no usefull indication as to what security I've
violated. I'm using 'impersonate' mode and I'm logged in as the admin
of the only Domain.

I can get this working with .NET 1.0 and an un-patched DC, but I need
to upgrade it to .NET 1.1 which requires patches that will introduce
the security problems.

I've tried modifying the Machine.Config to use 'SYSTEM' rather than
'machine' as the processed, this didn't do it.

Does anybody have a hint on what security settings need to be tweeked
to get this to work?

Thanks,
Randy

Bob Barrows

This is a classic asp newsgroup. While you may be lucky enough to find a
dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you can eliminate the
luck factor by posting your question to an appropriate group. I suggest

HTH,
Bob Barrows

Ray at

This is a classic asp newsgroup. While you may be lucky enough to find a
dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you can eliminate the
luck factor by posting your question to an appropriate group. I suggest
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet or
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet.

HTH,
Ray at work quoting Bob Barrows

p.s. I personally avoid running IIS on DCs. You may want to take a look to
see if there is a DOMAIN\ASPNET account in your domain and make sure it's
not disabled.