asp.net, php and apache

Guest

1) Can you use apache as a web server with an asp.net app?
2) Can you use PHP as a scripting language within asp.net?

If yes to these questions, is there anything special I need to do to make it
happen?

Thanks,

Mike W.

Sky Sigal

Look for MONO in google to see how the linux crowd has been handling the porting of ASP.NET to the
Apache environment.
Last time I looked 4 months ago, it looked nearly done...

As for PHP in VS...
There was a PHP # listed at SourceForge -- but it looks like it stalled and is going nowhere... :-(

PS:
I think I asked these exact same questions when I got onto ASP.NET -- and was disappointed that I
could not port over my PHP work.
But frankly thinking in PHP will only hinder you in understanding ASP.NET. You've got to let it go,
and start as a beginner/fresh mind....Really. It's a totally different 'mindset'....

Good luck!
Sky

PPS:
Personally I gave up in frustration the first time I encountered ASP.NET, not recognizing any part
of the landscape coming from a PHP point of view...
Then I came back to C# 6 months later...this time i finally 'got it'...
Although, even after 'getting it', the jury is still out if it is as wonderful as it is suppossed to
be: I saw a lot of articles on "how fast you can build in C#" --
but that has not been my experience: I am still no where near as fast in C# as in PHP now and
everything seems to be taking 4-10 times longer to deliver to clients, and therefore is more
expensive (to me)...
That said, The language/framework/logic feels great. I just (REALLY!) hope that i am not fooling
myself into thinking that its just the price I have to pay to learn, and it will speed up...