Asp.net Problem Preventing Connection to Web Site

kbrolin65

Hi, folks. Please be patient, as I am not a programmer. But I wasn't
sure where to turn for advice except for a programming discussion
group. I am an intermediate PC user--fairly knowledgeable, but with a
problem that even Web site technical support hasn't been able to solve.

Here's a problem I've never encountered before wwithout a
popup-blocker: inability to connect to Streamaudio.com , a multimedia
site with links to live radio station feeds. In fact, I have connected

to this site from a couple of different XP Pro machines that have
extensive antivirus and antispyware software loaded, along with the XP

SP2 popup blocker. But it doesn't work with my Win2K machine, which
has just been upgraded and has none of these extras.

What I get when I try to click on a radio station link is the generic
"Cannot find server" message that pops up in IE when the Internet is
disconnected altogether. I'm running Win2K on a Compaq Presario with
256 MB of RAM. I've purged my Temporary Internet Files and Cookies
caches, and have loaded the most current Windows Media Player (9.00)
that I can run with Win2K. And I'm using IE 6, with all current
updates having been installed and with proxy settings set where they
should be. ActiveX downloads and execution seem to be enabled all
around.
What makes this situation more than strange is that, when I try to post

a message to Streamaudio's technical support site, even that won't go
through! Instead, I receive an error message that starts with:

"Validation of Viewstate Mac failed. If this configuration is hosted
by a Web farm or cluster, insure that cluster verifies the same
validation key and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used
in a cluster. ... An unhandled exception occurred during the
execution of the current Web request. Please review the stack trace
for more information about the error and where it originated in the
code."

Could this be a conflict involving either Adobe Flash Player or
Microsoft.net 2.0 framework? I have installed both in this system.

Though I feel I am a pretty competent self-taught user--not a
programmer--I
have no idea what this means. Please help if you can. I could send
the entire HTML file quoted above to anyone interested.

Thanks a lot.

Kane Brolin