ASP.NET / SDK dotNET Framework v1.1

Green Start Button

Hello,

I am trying to compile some code for a web application.

The code (written in VB.NET) works through IIS 6.0 / Win2003 server. I have the dotNET Framework v1.1 SDK installed to my workstation and I need to compile this code into a DLL file.

When I try to compile the VB file (with VBC) I get a whole lot of statements like:

Search.aspx.vb(2) : error BC30466: Namespace or type 'WebControls' for the Imports 'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' cannot be found.

Imports Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Could someone direct me to a tutorial site that tells me how to set this up properly?

TIA...

Green Start Button

P.S. My employer is too cheap to purchase a copy of Visual Studio.
Hello,

I am trying to compile some code for a web application.

The code (written in VB.NET) works through IIS 6.0 / Win2003 server. I have the dotNET Framework v1.1 SDK installed to my workstation and I need to compile this code into a DLL file.

When I try to compile the VB file (with VBC) I get a whole lot of statements like:

Search.aspx.vb(2) : error BC30466: Namespace or type 'WebControls' for the Imports 'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' cannot be found.

Imports Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Could someone direct me to a tutorial site that tells me how to set this up properly?

TIA...

Norman Yuan

There is no namespace "Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls". Try:

Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls

Hello,

I am trying to compile some code for a web application.

The code (written in VB.NET) works through IIS 6.0 / Win2003 server. I have the dotNET Framework v1.1 SDK installed to my workstation and I need to compile this code into a DLL file.

When I try to compile the VB file (with VBC) I get a whole lot of statements like:

Search.aspx.vb(2) : error BC30466: Namespace or type 'WebControls' for the Imports 'Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls' cannot be found.

Imports Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls

Could someone direct me to a tutorial site that tells me how to set this up properly?

TIA...

Ferret Face

Try these links:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ls/html/debugging_with_the__net_framework.asp