ASP.NET Shadow Copy With DLL Config File

Mark

I have a generic data layer DLL that expects to read its connection
string from it's own config file located in the same directory (works
great for winforms apps). The dll and config file have been
placed in the bin directory (VS.NET2005). However, due to shadow
copying, the config file does not get placed in the same directory as
the executing assembly at execution time.

For example, my data access DLL was copied to the following location

C:\\WINNT\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v2.0.50727\\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\\labor.helpdesk.website\\3911f8af\\6fcbc95c\\assembly\\dl3\\5c476dff\­\8c8190b6_9402c701\\Labor.Helpdesk.DataLayer.DLL

.... but the config file appears in the shadow copy bin directory here

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\labor.helpdesk.website\3911f8af\_shadow\6fcbc95c\bin\17

So my question is how can I ready the .config file from my data access
DLL (Labor.Helpdesk.DataLayer.DLL) if the files are in two physical
locations?

Thanks
Mark