ASP.NET Textbox.Text Property not updating

Joined
Oct 2, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I have been looking throughout the forum however I haven't managed to find a solution to the problem I am encountering.

I have dynamically created a number of textboxes stored in an array using Code Behind. When the user presses a button I want to be able to read the value in those textboxes, however I am reading the old value ("") instead.

I have included the relevant code below.

//array of textboxes
public static TextBox[] txtParameters;

//the text boxes are created dynamically based on what the user chooses from a list, ID = lstMethod
protected void lstMethod_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

//tblParameters is Table control in the .aspx used to display the text boxes
tblParameters.Rows.Clear();
txtParamaters = new TextBox[Convert.ToInt32(lstMethod.SelectedIndex.Text)];
for (int i; i < Convert.ToInt32(lstMethod.SelectedIndex.Text); i++)
{
TableRow tableRow = new TableRow();

TableCell label = new TableCell();
label.Text = i;
tableRow.Cells.Add(label);

TableCell data = new TableCell();
txtParameters = new TextBox();
data.Controls.Add(txtParameters);

tableRow.Cells.Add(data);
tblParameters.Rows.Add(tableRow);

//once btnDone is clicked, the values in txtParameters are read
protected void btnDone_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
for(int i = 0; i < txtParameters.Length; i++)
{
txtParameters.Text;

Thank you, much appreciated
Kevin