ASP.Net vs MySql and PHP

Guest

Hi f.blair,
It depends on what ur plans are and what you would be working on?
I prefer ASP.NET and sometimes use PHP..
Try looking through the power of :- http://www.asp.net
GDLUCK
Patrick

Ben Strackany

What are you trying to achieve?

Learning: PHP I find to be more like ASP than ASP.NET. Both are
learnable...PHP might seem "simpler" but I don't know if there are any GUIs
for it. ASP.NET might be a bit more involved to a total newbie but after a
week the IDE allows you to get pretty far w/o a lot of programming skill.

Also IMO SQL Server is easier to learn & administer than MySql. But both DBs
are easy enough to get going with.

Implement: depends what you're implementating...If you only used Notepad for
development, then PHP might be a bit easier. Otherwise I think ASP.NET might
have an edge in terms of implementing things due to the IDE, web controls,
wizards, etc. There are a lot of free/cheap third-party addins for PHP but
you have to find & install them.

BTW I'm sure you'll get different answers from the PHP groups. :)