asp page calling com object within asp.net application

Guest

I am planning on migrating an existing classic asp application into asp.net and build on it. we do not have the budget to rewrite the whole application. The existing application has asp pages that call COM objects by passing in the querystring and the xsl files. the com objects processes the querysting, apply the business rules and return an xml string that is transformed using the xsl file.

To migrate to the asp.net I have created a new asp.net application called myasp.net. i have copied all the folders and the asp pages into it. unfortunately all the pages that call my com objects are failling. I have gone ahead and added the com objects as references in the asp.net app. but those pages still fail

Please advise