ASP page hangs

Jarrod

Hi all,

Just wondering if you would be able to help me out with a bit of a problem I
am having.

I am apparently running IIS 5.1 on my computer (win xp pro) and all of a
sudden ASP pages won't load (that is, they worked last week). They just
hang.
htm files load fine.
The thing is that they sometimes work (some pages) for a little while after
I restart the IIS. When I try to run a heavy duty page, the thing hangs
again, and when I try to go to the pages that I was previously using without
problem, they give me a 403.9 error "Too many users connected" when it is
just me! (I am using the computer as a testing platform). I can restart the
IIS again, and it seems to work for a little while again. I have tried sites
such as iisfaq.com and iisanswers.com, but they all seem to be working with
win 2000 server. I can't seem to track down a solution. Also I am not
experienced enough in recognising problems in event viewer and other log
programs.

Things to note:

Last week I installed norton antivirus and activated Win XP ICF firewall
thingo. They are both not on at the moment, but could that have anything to
do with it? Thing is, last week it was working fine, now I can't test pages
locally anymore.

IE is crashing a lot. Is this linked?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jarrod

John Blessing

Jarrod said:
Hi all,

Just wondering if you would be able to help me out with a bit of a problem I
am having.

I am apparently running IIS 5.1 on my computer (win xp pro) and all of a
sudden ASP pages won't load (that is, they worked last week). They just
hang.
htm files load fine. snip.

Things to note:

Last week I installed norton antivirus and activated Win XP ICF firewall
thingo. They are both not on at the moment, but could that have anything to
do with it? Thing is, last week it was working fine, now I can't test pages
locally anymore.

Try disabling NAV and the firewall. If it works OK, then try disabling just
one of them until you have it tracked down. I don't know about the ICF
firewall but most have a list of programs which are allowed to access the
internet, and most let you specify the local network with different
security. Make sure you disable script blocking in NAV and permit
inetinfo.exe in the firewall.

--
John Blessing

businesses