ASP Perlscript/VBScript Order of execution

LinnAxis

Anyone have any idea why in the excerpt from one of my ASP pages, the
Perlscript code always executes BEFORE the VBScript code?
Even if the VBScript is in an included file
(<!--#include file="../Include/Rep01Code.asp" -->), the Perlscript gets
executed first.
Unfortuantely my Perlscript needs to read Session variables assigned by
my VBScript code.
VBScript is the default lang as well.

Regards,
Jan

<%
Session("FundID")= SetSessionFundID(myFundID)
Session("ReportDate") = SetSessionReportDate(myReportDate)
Response.Write("VBSCRIPT IS EXECUTED NOW")
Response.Write("VBScript ReportDate: " & Session("ReportDate"))
Response.Write("VBScript FundID" & Session("FundID"))
%>
<SCRIPT RUNAT=SERVER LANGUAGE=PERLSCRIPT>
use lib qq(d:\\Site);
use SAMFundV02::SAMFundLib;

my $Fund = $Session->{"FundID"};
my $ReportDate = $Session->{"ReportDate"};

$Response->Write("PERLSCRIPT IS EXECUTED NOW");
$Response->Write("Perlscript FundID:". $Session->{"FundID"}. " ");
$Response->Write("Perlscript ReportDate:" . $Session->{"ReportDate"}
.. " ");

SetRoundingFundAndDate($Fund,$ReportDate);

$Session->{"CurrentNAVBefore"} = FormatNumber(Round('NAV',
GetCurrentNAV($Fund, $ReportDate ,'BEFORE')));
$Session->{"CurrentNAVAfter"} = FormatNumber(Round('NAV',
GetCurrentNAV($Fund, $ReportDate ,'AFTER')));
$Session->{"PrevWeekNAVBefore"} = FormatNumber(Round('NAV',
GetPrevWeekNAV($Fund, $ReportDate ,'BEFORE')));
$Session->{"PrevWeekNAVAfter"} = FormatNumber(Round('NAV',
GetPrevWeekNAV($Fund, $ReportDate ,'AFTER')));
$Session->{"PrevMonthNAVBefore"} = FormatNumber(Round('NAV',
GetPrevMonthEndNAV($Fund, $ReportDate ,'BEFORE')));
$Session->{"PrevMonthNAVAfter"} = FormatNumber(Round('NAV',
GetPrevMonthEndNAV($Fund, $ReportDate ,'AFTER')));
</SCRIPT>

Tad McClellan

LinnAxis said:
Anyone have any idea why in the excerpt from one of my ASP pages, the
Perlscript code always executes BEFORE the VBScript code?

You are in the wrong newsgroup.

There is nothing to do with Perl in your question.

There are other newsgroups for discussing how the web works.

comp.infosystems.www.advocacy
comp.infosystems.www.announce
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.images
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.misc
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.site-design
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.tools
comp.infosystems.www.browsers.mac
comp.infosystems.www.browsers.misc
comp.infosystems.www.browsers.ms-windows
comp.infosystems.www.browsers.x
comp.infosystems.www.misc
comp.infosystems.www.servers.mac
comp.infosystems.www.servers.misc
comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows
comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix

Jürgen Exner

LinnAxis said:
Anyone have any idea why in the excerpt from one of my ASP pages, the
Perlscript code always executes BEFORE the VBScript code?
Even if the VBScript is in an included file
(<!--#include file="../Include/Rep01Code.asp" -->), the Perlscript
gets executed first.
Unfortuantely my Perlscript needs to read Session variables assigned
by my VBScript code.
VBScript is the default lang as well.

Interesting idea. So you want to send an HTTP response first, such that the
client can execute the VBScript, such that the server can use the results
while executing the server side code, such that the HTTP response can be
generated.
Do you see a problem with that?

Not that this has anything to do with Perl to begin with....

jue

LinnAxis

1) Firstly, thanks for all the friends responses. Remind me to find
another resource next time I have a question.
2) All of the code is server side. It was actually a simple question.

Tad McClellan

LinnAxis said:
Remind me to find
another resource next time I have a question.

Thank you for doing your part to make this a better newsgroup!

I doubt that we will miss your valuable contributions.

It was actually a simple question.

But it was not a *Perl* question.

LinnAxis

Out of curiostiy, why be so rude? If perhaps this question was better
directed at a different newgroup. why not try to be helpful and, dare I
say, polite?
Certainly you must have better ways to direct your angst than at first
time posters who are simply seeking information.

Jürgen Exner

LinnAxis said:
Out of curiostiy, why be so rude?

Whom are you talking to and what do you consider to be rude?
It would be nice (not to mention standard practise) to provide some context.
If perhaps this question was better

Which question? Your posting doesn't contain any question and doesn't
reference any question either.
directed at a different newgroup. why not try to be helpful and, dare
I say, polite?

You reap what you sow.
If you would have had the minimal standard politeness of reading this NG for
at least a week before contributing your own posting then you would have
noticed that non-Perl questions are very much frowned upon in this
community.
Certainly you must have better ways to direct your angst than at first
time posters who are simply seeking information.

Being polite to someone who violates the most basic rules of nettiquette may
be a virtue, but only very few people are saints, in particular if it
happens for the gazillionth time.

jue

LinnAxis

I was the poster of the original question in this thread.
I was referring to Tad McClellen .
This is a newgroup, not a way of life.

"violates the most basic rules of nettiquette" - a bit heavy handed for
a newgroup posting.

This thread bores me so I will continue no further.
Clearly there are many people in this world who need distractions
outside of the net.

Regards.

Tad McClellan

LinnAxis said:
Out of curiostiy, why be so rude?

I assume that you are referring to my second post to this thread?

It is standard netiquette to supply some context in replies so
that people will know what it is that you are replying to.

If perhaps this question was better
directed at a different newgroup. why not try to be helpful and, dare I
say, polite?

Hello! Is there anybody in there?

My first post to this thread *was* helpful and polite.

Did you see that one?

It said you were in the wrong place, and showed you where the
right place was.

You characterized that as "unfriendly" in a followup.

Certainly you must have better ways to direct your angst

My angst-containing post was my 2nd post, which was in reply
to you whining about my helpfully friendly 1st post.

So the answer to "why be so rude?" is because I was just
responding to who FIRST introduced rudeness, namely you.

You reap what you sow.

than at first
time posters

When you were a first time poster, I answered in a friendly
and polite manner.

When you made a followup, you were no longer a first-time poster,
you were a whiner.

who are simply seeking information.

In the wrong place.

Knowing where the right place is would seem to be very helpful
in such a search. Take that help and run with it rather than
denigrating the person who volunteered that help.

Tad McClellan

LinnAxis said:
I was referring to Tad McClellen .

But I made 2 posts in this thead, so we *still* don't know
what you were commenting on.

If you quote what you are commenting on, then there is no
round-and-round trying to figure out what it is in reference to.

Why don't you just quote what you are commenting on like everybody
else on Usenet does?

This is a newgroup, not a way of life.

Newsgroups have their own set of rules about what is socially
acceptable, if you do something socially unacceptable it is
more reasonable to expect a comment on it rather than expecting
that it will pass unnoticed.

Secondly, an experience usenetter can see clearly from your posts in
this thread that you are NOT an experienced usenetter, despite your
implications to the contrary.

Trying to fool us into thinking that you know what you are talking
about in reference to Usenet netiquette isn't going to work. We
are an insightful lot...

"violates the most basic rules of nettiquette" - a bit heavy handed for
a newgroup posting.

How can "playing by the rules that everyone else plays by" be
characterized as "heavy handed"? "normal" or "expected" would
seem a more reasonable characterization.

This thread bores me so I will continue no further.

Your thread has bored *thousands* of people around the world
who are interested in Perl, because it was not _about_ Perl.

The whole world will feel bad now because you won't participate
any longer!

Clearly there are many people in this world who need distractions
outside of the net.

Clearly there are people who claim to know a lot but do not know a lot.