    Microsoft. Its seems to be a really common problem.
    What's the answer.

    Thanks!

    Randy L. Martin, Jul 2, 2003

  2. My server guy just found the problem. Here's what he said.

    "It turned out to be that ODBC Tracing was turned on,
    which caused a dramatic slowdown in the processing of
    ODBC requests. This also created a 146 Meg log file in
    the D:/ drive called SQL.log. The moment I turned of the
    ODBC Tracing (found in Control Panel --> Administrative
    Tools --> Data Source (ODBC) --> Tracing Tab) the problem
    ceased and the sites began to serve up database driven
    pages."

    We hadn't installed anything. There were not any
    indications in the logs. The CPU was running at 4-10%. I
    don't think this was just turned out either, it probably
    was turned on some time ago and just built up to a
    problem. The pages are running fine now.

    Thanks!

    Randy L. Martin, Jul 2, 2003