ASP Website not accessible from remote machine

Charlie363

Hi to all,
I have a little asp.net website which works great on the local machine
but I cannot seem to access it from a remote machine. It is not a
connection problem because my remote machine (which is on the network)
has a share on the local machine using name resolution. The message I
get on the remote machine's explorer is the classic "Page cannot be
displayed". It seems I have looked every where on the net for
possibilites without succes. Both machines have XP SP2, firewall turned
off. The remote machine runs IIS 5.1. Both machines are under the same
workgroup. Any help highly appreciated, will send french chocolates if
you sort my problem out. I have also tried creating a simple "Hello
World" html page. Same think. Workd locally but not remotely.
Cheers,
Charlie

charlie charlie

Sorry, this is not a public website. It is only used on our intranet. By
the way, I have already tried doing a aspnet_regiis -u and aspnet_regiis
-i but it didn't change anything.
Charlie