aspx vs. asp

brian

I hired a company to design an intranet site for us
using .net technology. Some of the pages are asp and
others are aspx. Our home page is an asp page.

I put a comic strip image on the index.asp page every
morning. I finally figured out to write some code to
randomly select an image from a folder every time the
page is opened to automate the task using vb.net.

PROBLEM: I can't figure out how to put the vb.net code
on the .asp page. The intranet site is using .net
framework on IIS.

I use a page load sub and a function in the vb.net code.
Then I need to pass the result of the function to
the .asp page in the image source to pull the picture.

Can someone explain what to do? Or I would be willing to
email the code if that would be easier. I really don't
think its that hard of a task but I just don't know how
to do it.

Thanks.

Drebin

asp and aspx pages are handled by different filters, so - if you want to do
VB.NET style code - you'd need to "convert" the ASP page to a .NET compliant
aspx page...