AT Command capture

Louis

Hi,

How do I capture in a String or StringList the result of an AT
command sent to a GSM Modem ?

Thanks

Stuart Redmann

Louis said:
Hi,

How do I capture in a String or StringList the result of an AT
command sent to a GSM Modem ?

You have asked in the wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup only deals with the C++
programming language (questions about classes, functions, operators, and
suchlike), not about particular problem (like communication with GSM modems). As
you didn't state which OS you are developing for (linux, win32, ...), we cannot
even say which newsgroup would be more appropriate for your question. Finding
the right newsgroup for your question is a non-trivial task, so you cannot
expect us to do this for you (all we can say is that you're off-topic in this
newsgroup).

Regards,
Stuart

Louis

You have asked in the wrong newsgroup. This newsgroup only deals with the C++
programming language (questions about classes, functions, operators, and
suchlike), not about particular problem (like communication with GSM modems). As
you didn't state which OS you are developing for (linux, win32, ...), we cannot
even say which newsgroup would be more appropriate for your question. Finding
the right newsgroup for your question is a non-trivial task, so you cannot
expect us to do this for you (all we can say is that you're off-topic in this
newsgroup).

Regards,
Stuart

C++ Builder 4 Enterprise

e.g. sent string to comm port
Comport1->SendString("AT+CMGI\n");

Where a GSM Modem is attached

would display results in a terminal component
but I wish to get the result in an Edit1->Text or a Memo1->Lines

Richard Herring

C++ Builder 4 Enterprise

e.g. sent string to comm port
Comport1->SendString("AT+CMGI\n");

Where a GSM Modem is attached

would display results in a terminal component
but I wish to get the result in an Edit1->Text or a Memo1->Lines
Which part of "you have asked in the wrong newsgroup" don't you
understand?

Something with borland in the name is probably most appropriate.

Jim Langston

Louis said:
C++ Builder 4 Enterprise

e.g. sent string to comm port
Comport1->SendString("AT+CMGI\n");

Where a GSM Modem is attached

would display results in a terminal component
but I wish to get the result in an Edit1->Text or a Memo1->Lines

Most likely it is something to be found in a Comport1 method, but since we
can't see that code we can only guess.

Find out where you got Comport1 from and ask there.