At Install: "Object reference not set" on Role Provider

Monty

I'm installing an ASP.Net 2.0 web applications project (WAP) application on
a production server (Win 2003). I've installed it on XP test machines before
and it runs fine. On my production machine I get this error (full error
screen below) when I attempt to visit the start page. The type
("MyCo.Ing.MyAppRoleProvider") is in my main assembly in the \bin folder.
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I should check? TIA.

Server Error in '/MyApp' Application.
Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:
Line 97: <providers>
Line 98: <clear/>
[RED]Line 99: <add name="MyAppRoleProvider"
type="MyCo.Ing.MyAppRoleProvider" applicationName="My Application"/>[/RED]
Line 100: </providers>
Line 101: </roleManager>

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyApp\web.config Line: 99

Monty

Update: If I put line breaks in my web.config "add" tag, I can identify the
problem area as the "type" parameter. Line 101 is highlighted:

Line 99: <add
Line 100: name="MyAppRoleProvider"
Line 101: type="MyCo.Ing.MyAppRoleProvider"
Line 102: applicationName="My Application"/>
Line 103: </providers>

Monty

Please ignore this post, I had an unhandled error in the Initialize()
function of my custom role provider.