attach page to email

Guest

I created a page that generates an order confirmation pdf and returns it to
the browser. My client now requested that I attach said pdf to the order
confirmation email. I tried to use
HttpWebRequest.GetResponse.GetResponseStream(); but the page is protected,
and even though I'm requesting it from within the application, i keep getting
the login page attached to my email :)

I tried grabbing the cookies from the current response, and sending them
with the new request, as well as modifying the viewstate and posting with the
login info and even though I'm logged in, its still attaching the login page.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Guest

I created a page that generates an order confirmation pdf and returns it to
the browser. My client now requested that I attach said pdf to the order
confirmation email. I tried to use
HttpWebRequest.GetResponse.GetResponseStream(); but the page is protected,
and even though I'm requesting it from within the application, i keep getting
the login page attached to my email :)

I tried grabbing the cookies from the current response, and sending them
with the new request, as well as modifying the viewstate and posting with the
login info and even though I'm logged in, its still attaching the login page.
Thanks in advance for any help.

I think you can save PDF as a file on a server and attach it to the
message

Guest

The component that I used to crreate the pdf accepts the page object as a
parameter, and then returns the pdf in the response. It has no option to
save the pdf which is why I am trying to save the response stream and send
that. I could of course replace the pdf component, but i dont know of a good
free one that would be easy to use.

Mark Rae [MVP]

The component that I used to crreate the pdf accepts the page object as a
parameter, and then returns the pdf in the response. It has no option to
save the pdf which is why I am trying to save the response stream and send
that. I could of course replace the pdf component, but i dont know of a
good
free one that would be easy to use.

This is by far the best I've seen: http://www.siberix.com/

It's not free, but you (don't) get what you (don't) pay for...

Guest

The component that I used to crreate the pdf accepts the page object as a
parameter, and then returns the pdf in the response. It has no option to
save the pdf which is why I am trying to save the response stream and send
that. I could of course replace the pdf component, but i dont know of a good
free one that would be easy to use.

Well, I think you can find some free components for .NET, but it
depends on your needs.

What component are you using right now?