Attention Posters: You Are Not Allowed to Post a Message Up Here on Reading the Files of a Directory

perseus

Well,

As you all have seen, I received a host of messages
that say that I should not post up here a question about BOOST.
BOOST is a FREE interface that allows you, THE STANDARD C++
USERS, to read and manipulate the files of a directory. I asked a
question about configuring this wonderful and helpful interface,
and all I got was hostile and stupid messages with absolutely no
answer to my question.
I just wanted to tell you that I should not talk about this irrelevant
material here.

Ciao Babini

perseus

Mike Wahler

perseus said:
Well,

As you all have seen, I received a host of messages
that say that I should not post up here a question about BOOST.
BOOST is a FREE interface that allows you, THE STANDARD C++
USERS, to read and manipulate the files of a directory.

That doesn't make it topical here.
I just wanted to tell you that I should not talk about this irrelevant
material here.

You need not tell us, we already know.

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

-Mike

Mike Wahler

perseus said:
Thank you, Mike, for a very enlightening message.

I gave no 'message'. I simply acknowledged yours
(that boost is off topic here), and told you that
we don't need such enlightenment from you.
I appreciate it.

You're welcome.
It is people like you that help the
Internet progress.

This group is not about the internet or its progress.
I have no obligation to contribute to any such progress.
Without people like you, we would
be breeding sharks in the forest!

Hmm, that could prove useful. :)

Anyway, your reply to me (I do take note that you seem
to be taking the trouble to write a rebuttal to every
message you see in this thread), does confirm what
I suspected. You're far more interested in quarreling
and 'being right', than actually solving your problem.
If this were not so, you'd have already moved on to the
boost resources and had your solution.

*PLONK*

-Mike

perseus

Anyway, your reply to me (I do take note that you seem
to be taking the trouble to write a rebuttal to every
message you see in this thread), does confirm what
I suspected. You're far more interested in quarreling
and 'being right', than actually solving your problem.
If this were not so, you'd have already moved on to the
boost resources and had your solution.

*PLONK*

-Mike

Mike,

Who the hell cares if you read my message or not?
You are an idiot like most of the people up here who
sent me a message.
None of you was even close to answering my question. On top of this,
you have the audacity of writing stupid and ridiculous messages
to overcome your obvious deficiencies.
There is only one reason for not reading other people's messages:
you are afraid of their answers! Hahahaha!

perseus

Thomas Matthews

perseus said:
Mike,

Who the hell cares if you read my message or not?
You are an idiot like most of the people up here who
sent me a message.

Quite the opposite. I consider Mike as one of the experts
on the language and very considerate and helpful. You
can see a demonstration of his helpfulness by searching
for all of his posts to this newsgroup. If you are going
to publicly downgrade people, please post some evidence
backing this up, including any evidence to the contrary.

None of you was even close to answering my question. On top of this,
you have the audacity of writing stupid and ridiculous messages
to overcome your obvious deficiencies.
There is only one reason for not reading other people's messages:
you are afraid of their answers! Hahahaha!

perseus

As Mike stated at the top of this post, you are more
interested in quarreling than resolving your issue.
I would take peoples suggestions, and research to Boost
website and newsgroups. Re-Search first, post second.

The people that follow the guidelines of this group
get a lot of useful help. I have posted many issues
in this newsgroup and received help. I don't post
issues about reading EEPROMs here because I know
it is off-topic.

Search the newsgroups for the definition of "plonk".
I believe you have entered the trash bins of many
newsreaders.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message: