authorization problem for protected dir

amy liu

I have started to upload a piece of a web app (ASP.NET and C#) which
worked FINE on my localhost server. I am using Forms Authentication
linked to an mySql and it was working fine locally. Now it is uploaded
to where it is being hosted. It has problem now. Whenever i try to
access a protected page (and am not logged in) instead of getting the
login.aspx page popped up I got the the screen like 'Connect to
www.mydomainname.com' popped up. It asked for the user name and password
for my web hosting account.