auto/Tk/getEncoding.al file is missing

mariakvelasco

Hello everyone,

We installed perl-Tk-804.026 on a Solaris 10 machine and everything
seem to have been installed properly. We were then able to build our
executable on the same Solaris 10 machine using perl2exe with no
problem it seems; however, when we try to run the actual exe on the
same machine. We got some errors like below:

PLEASE SEE THE PERL2EXE USER MANUAL UNDER "Can't locate somemodule.pm
in @INC"
FOR AN EXPLANATION OF THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE:
Can't locate auto/Tk/getEncoding.al in @INC (@INC contains:
PERL2EXE_STORAGE /vol/tools6/clearcase/sol_output /tmp/p2xtmp-17237)
at PERL2EXE_STORAGE/Tk/MainWindow.pm line 55

So we went to check if there was even a file in auto/Tk/getEncoding.al
and found that there was no such file in that directory. Is this file
something that comes with perl-Tk-804.026 or is it a file that gets
created when installing perl-Tk. If there is anyone out there that
has more information about this file, we would really appreciate the
help.

Thanks so much!

Ben Morrow

Quoth (e-mail address removed):
Hello everyone,

We installed perl-Tk-804.026 on a Solaris 10 machine and everything
seem to have been installed properly. We were then able to build our
executable on the same Solaris 10 machine using perl2exe with no
problem it seems; however, when we try to run the actual exe on the
same machine. We got some errors like below:

PLEASE SEE THE PERL2EXE USER MANUAL UNDER "Can't locate somemodule.pm
in @INC"

Have you done so?
FOR AN EXPLANATION OF THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE:
Can't locate auto/Tk/getEncoding.al in @INC (@INC contains:
PERL2EXE_STORAGE /vol/tools6/clearcase/sol_output /tmp/p2xtmp-17237)
at PERL2EXE_STORAGE/Tk/MainWindow.pm line 55

So we went to check if there was even a file in auto/Tk/getEncoding.al
and found that there was no such file in that directory. Is this file
something that comes with perl-Tk-804.026 or is it a file that gets
created when installing perl-Tk. If there is anyone out there that
has more information about this file, we would really appreciate the
help.

This file is part of perl/Tk; on my system it lives in
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/auto/Tk/getEncoding.al.
Programs like perl2exe that try to package up Perl modules often have
difficulty with modules that load things at runtime; I'm sure perl2exe
has a workaround for it.

Ben