Autogenerating a HTML links/bookmarks page

Guest

I am looking for a product that I am not sure exists.

I have bookmarks to webpages in Internet Explorer, Mozilla
Firefox, Opera, Netscape Navigator, and on a "Favorite
Links" page on my website. Every time I add a bookmarked
page, I have to do it five times. Is there a product or
combination of products that will synchronize my bookmarks
and generate a HTML document that I can upload to my
website? I am using Windows 2000.

david.hunter

I have bookmarks to webpages in Internet Explorer, Mozilla
Firefox, Opera, Netscape Navigator, and on a "Favorite
Links" page on my website. Every time I add a bookmarked
page, I have to do it five times.

Ok then - so why not just use the webpage for your bookmarks, insteed
of the pull down menu in erach browser ?

1. Add to webpage
2. Uplioad web page
3. Load that web page and add it as your start up page in each browser

clemente

NoSpamThankYouMam said:
I am looking for a product that I am not sure exists.

I have bookmarks to webpages in Internet Explorer, Mozilla
Firefox, Opera, Netscape Navigator, and on a "Favorite
Links" page on my website. Every time I add a bookmarked
page, I have to do it five times. Is there a product or
combination of products that will synchronize my bookmarks
and generate a HTML document that I can upload to my
website? I am using Windows 2000.
firefox has an extension that export bookmarks to IE (Favorites
Converter), i dont know about others

Jan Roland Eriksson

Ok then - so why not just use the webpage for your bookmarks, insteed
of the pull down menu in erach browser ?

1. Add to webpage
2. Uplioad web page
3. Load that web page and add it as your start up page in each browser

What the heck are you two talking about, here in ciwah that is?

Mr.Clean

I am looking for a product that I am not sure exists.

I have bookmarks to webpages in Internet Explorer, Mozilla
Firefox, Opera, Netscape Navigator, and on a "Favorite
Links" page on my website. Every time I add a bookmarked
page, I have to do it five times. Is there a product or
combination of products that will synchronize my bookmarks
and generate a HTML document that I can upload to my
website? I am using Windows 2000.
No, but I could write one for you for around $100..

clemente

serve with garlic cous-cous and sautéed asparagus.
Coffee and sherbet for desert then walnuts, cheese, and port.
Cigars for the gentlemen (and ladies if they so desire)!

Crock-Pot Crack Baby

When the quivering, hopelessly addicted crack baby succumbs to death,
get him immediately butchered and into the crock-pot, so that any
remaining toxins will not be fatal. But don?t cook it too long,
because like Blowfish, there is a perfect medium between the poisonous
and the stimulating. Though it may not have the same effect on your
guests, a whole chicken cooked in this fashion is also mighty tasty.

1 newborn - cocaine addicted, freshly expired, cleaned and butchered
Carrots
onions
leeks
celery
bell pepper
potatoes
Salt
pepper
garlic, etc
4 cups water

Cut the meat into natural pieces and brown very well in olive oil,
remove, then brown half of the onions, the bell pepper, and celery.
When brown, mix everything into the crock-pot, and in 6 to 8 hours you
have turned a hopeless tragedy into a heartwarming meal!

George?s Bloody Mary

Don?t shy away from this one, it is simply a cocktail variation of
good old Blood Stew. When a pig is killed, its throat is slit and
those present quaff a cup of hot blood to soften the wintry air.
From the dawn of man to this day, humans have always drunk blood!
American deer hunters are a prime example.

1 pint blood
Stolichnaya vodka
ice
tomato juice
lemon
lime
hot sauce
Worcestershire sauce
pickled green bean
celery
green olives
celery salt

Draw a pint of blo

Colin Wilson

It's a bit late, but my solution to the problem is to save favorite links in
a dBase file.

I have written a simple dBase program that then sorts the links into
categories and prints the result out to an HTML page.
There are various other programs around that could be used instead of dBase.

I did try doing this job in Access and saving the result as an HTML file,
but access puts in tons of unnecessary code. If you are better at Access
than I am maybe you could write a script that writes a simple HTML page

Mr.Clean

It's a bit late, but my solution to the problem is to save favorite links in
a dBase file.

I have written a simple dBase program that then sorts the links into
categories and prints the result out to an HTML page.
There are various other programs around that could be used instead of dBase.

I did try doing this job in Access and saving the result as an HTML file,
but access puts in tons of unnecessary code. If you are better at Access
than I am maybe you could write a script that writes a simple HTML page

Hey, Colin, I have an Excel macro that will rmove dubious HTML from adn
Excel file saved as HTML. Would you like it?

This the same Colin Wilson of http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk?
If so, I like XanaNews, even though I'm posting this with Gravity.
Say, why did you name it newsreader2.exe?

Herb Wolfe

In comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html (e-mail address removed) wrote:
:> I have bookmarks to webpages in Internet Explorer, Mozilla
:> Firefox, Opera, Netscape Navigator, and on a "Favorite
:> Links" page on my website. Every time I add a bookmarked
:> page, I have to do it five times.

: Ok then - so why not just use the webpage for your bookmarks, insteed
: of the pull down menu in erach browser ?

: 1. Add to webpage
: 2. Uplioad web page
: 3. Load that web page and add it as your start up page in each browser

Or, slight variation:
1. Add to bookmarks in Mozilla or Netscape
2. Use that as your start page.
3. Use one of many scripts, including one I have at
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/hwolfe/computer/mysoftware/ called bm2html.pl
to convert the bookmark.html file to a web page.

~herb

Neal

Herb Wolfe said:
In comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html (e-mail address removed) wrote:
:> I have bookmarks to webpages in Internet Explorer, Mozilla
:> Firefox, Opera, Netscape Navigator, and on a "Favorite
:> Links" page on my website. Every time I add a bookmarked
:> page, I have to do it five times.

: Ok then - so why not just use the webpage for your bookmarks,
insteed
: of the pull down menu in erach browser ?

: 1. Add to webpage
: 2. Uplioad web page
: 3. Load that web page and add it as your start up page in each
browser

Why does your newsreader quote with :? Switch it to the standard >,
please. And delimit your signature with "-- " - that's
hyphen-hyphen-space.

Herb Wolfe

In comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html Neal said:
Why does your newsreader quote with :? Switch it to the standard >,
please. And delimit your signature with "-- " - that's
hyphen-hyphen-space.

That's tin's default behavior. Ask the developers. You're the first person
I've seen complain about it. I don't have a signature, if you'd actually
bothered to read what it says, you'd realize it's something automatically
added by the news server my ISP uses.

followups set to the appropriate group

Blinky the Shark

That's tin's default behavior. Ask the developers. You're the first person
I've seen complain about it. I don't have a signature, if you'd actually
bothered to read what it says, you'd realize it's something automatically
added by the news server my ISP uses.

You could try *using* a sig that's just the hyphen-hyphen-space
convention. If Newsfeeds doesn't screw with that, so it stands, it
should make a legal sig out of their invalid sig.

Toby Inkster

Neal said:
Why does your newsreader quote with :?

Colon :)) and pipe (|) are commonly used to quote text. Although I tend to
use greater than (>), I will use colon and pipe as well when I need to
quote from multiple sources.

Most good newsreaders will happily support any of these three quote
characters.