Finding/checking email links on a web page ?

John Fitzsimons

What I would like to do is go to a large web page and to be able to
move from one email link to the next one WITHOUT needing to go
to the source code. Is this possible ? Maybe a Firefox extension ?
Alternately have a hot link list of email links (only) on a page.

Once I am at an email link I want to then click it and see if my
default email client will populate the correct info.

I want to do this via the browser without needing to save the page,
search etc. Using win 98SE.

Page Info in Firefox isn't what I want. The mailto links aren't
grouped together, one cannot go from one to another directly
and the links aren't clickable.

Can anyone help with this please ?

Regards, John.

Jonathan N. Little

John said:
What I would like to do is go to a large web page and to be able to
move from one email link to the next one WITHOUT needing to go
to the source code. Is this possible ? Maybe a Firefox extension ?
Alternately have a hot link list of email links (only) on a page.

None that I know of, TAB moves to next link, does not discriminate for
protocol.
Once I am at an email link I want to then click it and see if my
default email client will populate the correct info.

Ah, maybe you should look at:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=problem+with+mailto:+links+&btnG=Search
problem with mailto: links - Google Search
I want to do this via the browser without needing to save the page,
search etc. Using win 98SE.

OS is not the issue.
Page Info in Firefox isn't what I want. The mailto links aren't
grouped together, one cannot go from one to another directly
and the links aren't clickable.

Are you testing one of your pages, or trying to harvest emails?

[Anon] Anon User

In said:
What I would like to do is go to a large web page and to be able to
move from one email link to the next one WITHOUT needing to go
to the source code. Is this possible ? Maybe a Firefox extension ?
Alternately have a hot link list of email links (only) on a page.

Once I am at an email link I want to then click it and see if my
default email client will populate the correct info.

I want to do this via the browser without needing to save the page,
search etc. Using win 98SE.

Page Info in Firefox isn't what I want. The mailto links aren't
grouped together, one cannot go from one to another directly
and the links aren't clickable.

Can anyone help with this please ?

Actually, the simplest solution really is the best.
Just view source and then CTRL+F to search the page for mailto:

You're asking for a more complicated way to do something. There is no point to that.

John Fitzsimons

Actually, the simplest solution really is the best.
Just view source and then CTRL+F to search the page for mailto:

Yes, that will get me to the mailto links BUT it doesn't allow me to
test whether the link populates my email client correctly. I cannot
click the link from the source code.
You're asking for a more complicated way to do something. There is no point to that.

"Complicated" would be to have to save the page and then search for
links ! I want "easy". To avoid the saving of pages and then
extraction.

Regards, John.

John Fitzsimons

None that I know of, TAB moves to next link, does not discriminate for
protocol.

Ah ! Someone else mentioned that to me and I didn't get what he meant.
I thought he was talking about an extension rather than what Firefox
does natively. You are right however. It does not discriminate
protocol AND with my old eyes it isn't immediately apparent to me
where the tab has stopped.
Ah, maybe you should look at:

Interesting, I didn't know people had problems using mailto links.
Thanks.
OS is not the issue.
Are you testing one of your pages, or trying to harvest emails?

Testing email links. If I was harvesting emails I would have just
saved the page(s) and extracted the links. It looks however that
I might have to do just that if I cannot test links one by one
live. :-(

Regards, John.