Automatically recreating control declarations

Nathan Sokalski

My teammate on a project somehow removed all the control declarations in a
project. Since most of the control declarations are added automatically when
the controls are added, is there a way to have Visual Studio add them again?
(my project is ASP.NET/VB) Thanks.

S. Justin Gengo

Nathan,

I'm not sure if it will work, but first (if your project is under some type
of source control) check out the design view and code behind of the page(s)
in question, then in the design view switch to the html view and then back
again. I know that if you add a control while in html view it doesn't get
added to the codebehind until you've switched back to the design view
again... So maybe that will do the trick.

I've got my fingers crossed.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Jeremy S.

<< This is to be encouraged>>

So, we're supposed to post to as many groups as we think might even
tangentally be relevant to our questions? Cool!

Cor Ligthert [MVP]

Jeremy,

Why not, at least I see now from the language.vb newsgroup that it is about
a webform program.

You can ask yourself if all are relevant, by instance I don't see why to
debugging.

Just my thought,

Cor