Backing Up VMWare

Hello - has anyone written a Python script to backup VMWare servers?
If so, I'd appreciate any pointers as to how to go about doing so.
Thanks.

Duncan Booth

Franck said:
Nothing to do with Python, but... Under Linux, VMware disks are
mountable using the script vmware-mount.pl, see:

http://www.vmware.com/support/reference/linux/loopback_linux.html
and for windows users DiskMount (http://www.vmware.com/download/ws/) does a
similar job (but you cannot mount a suspended machine so you would have to
shut it down first).

I guess though you want something which runs inside the virtual machine to
backup just the files which have changed to a networked drive on the host
machine or a CD/DVD drive?