BackUp Tables from MySql in ASP

Michael

Happy new year.
I am looking for code that will go through all tables in MYSQL db and
transfer records into text or excel files.
Thanks

Phillip Windell

The MySQL Server should have it's own ability to do that, just like MS SQL
Server does. It should be able to do it on a schedule. Then you just copy
the "backup file" somewhere safe or burn it to disk or whatever. The right
solution is not ASP or text files or excell.

--
Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

The views expressed are my own (as annoying as they are), and not those of
my employer or anyone else associated with me.

Michael

Hi Philip. thank you for respond. I am trying to provide to my customer
solution that will store the backup somewhere on shared hosting place or
local machine, so I don't think he will have access for maintenance of DB,
also I am very like to provide transparent solution, I mean - pressing
button in admin area the process will be running and store files on server
or on local machine. So my point to make script that will be initialized by
user. I know the php with cron can do it, but ASP does not. After that the
admin will be responsible for restore process from these files. My
experience tells me do not trust only on server abilities. Thanks again
Michael

Michael said:
admin will be responsible for restore process from these files. My
experience tells me do not trust only on server abilities.

My experience is to not trust the ASP. The server doing it's own thing
independent of the ASP is the most dependable. The Backup file can be
stored in a location reachable from the site,...the file can be downloaded
by the customer with a simple link if they are wanting to store their own
copy of the backup file. I know of no way to backup the database using ASP
nor do I know of any way to restore from the backup copy without the
customer sending you the file and having you restore it yourself. These are
functions unique to the type of Database Server you are using and are part
of what it does, not what the web server does. There may be a way,...but it
is way beyond me.