Banner jumps from middle to top of screen

Gerry Wolff

I have recently changed the design of www.trec-uk.org.uk to make more
use of tables so that text is contained within fixed-width areas.

Since I have made the change, a new problem has appeared. It quite
often happens that, when a page is first loaded, the banner heading
for the page is shown half way down the screen and then, after about a
second, it jumps to its proper position at the top of the screen. Once
the page has been cached, this does not happen.

Can anyone suggest the reason for this problem and how it may be
cured?

With thanks.