Basic Output Cache Question

Jon

Hi,
I have a page with 2 user controls, one of which is output cached for an
hour the other isn't cached atall. I add a datagrid to the page which I want
output cached for 10 minutes can I set output caching at the page level to
10 minutes and have the 2 controls cache as specified or would I need to put
the datagrid in a user control with output cache of 10 minutes ?

Cheers,
Jon

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

You could set the dataset to be cached for whatever period you wished and
always bind to the cached set, that way you should not have to worry about
other fragment caching in the page.

--
Regards

John Timney
Microsoft Regional Director
Microsoft MVP
<blatant plug>
Professional .NET for Java Developers with C#- ISBN: 1-861007-91-4
Professional Windows Forms - ISBN: 1861005547
Professional JSP 2nd Edition - ISBN: 1861004958
Professional JSP - ISBN:
1861003625
Beginning JSP Web Development - ISBN: 1861002092
</blatant plug>