[BEGINNER] A study group.

Mario

Hello everybody.

I have begun studying C++ some days ago and as many people
(unfortunately) I'm studying on my own.
Even being a bit old(that means 32 years old, :p) to begin programming
in yet another language and so not so much time available(job, kid and
so on.).

I'd like to propose a group of studies of C++ self-learners like
myself.
To go through exercises, discussions or something related.

We can name a book to go study chapters together.
Like get a chapter a week or so.

If someone is interested in beginning studying as part of a group,
please, drop me a line.

Best regards,
Mario

PS: Sorry for the possible English mistakes(I am from France, ;p)

Francesco S. Carta

Hello everybody.

I have begun studying C++ some days ago and as many people
(unfortunately) I'm studying on my own.
Even being a bit old(that means 32 years old, :p) to begin programming
in yet another language and so not so much time available(job, kid and
so on.).

I'd like to propose a group of studies of C++ self-learners like
myself.
To go through exercises, discussions or something related.

We can name a book to go study chapters together.
Like get a chapter a week or so.

If someone is interested in beginning studying as part of a group,
please, drop me a line.

Pas une mauvaise idee, je dirais... but why don't you post this in
alt.comp.learn.c-c++ too?

There you might announce the books and/or the subjects in separate
threads, there you can develop your understanding helping each other in
public, allowing new people to aggregate and experts to drop in and lend
a hand, qu'en penses tu?

Francesco S. Carta

Pas une mauvaise idee, je dirais... but why don't you post this in
alt.comp.learn.c-c++ too?

Sorry, that should read alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++
^^^^
:)

Mario

Pas une mauvaise idee, je dirais... but why don't you post this in
alt.comp.learn.c-c++ too?

There you might announce the books and/or the subjects in separate
threads, there you can develop your understanding helping each other in
public, allowing new people to aggregate and experts to drop in and lend
a hand, qu'en penses tu?

Bonjour Francesco..

Actually I'd like to get our own little group not to pollute the other
groups with our messages and organize better our studies.
I'd like it to be very organized studies and to have a schedule to
follow, we will get the things under control.

I've been studying other OOP languages some months ago.
I think getting together with some other people that has the same aim
is much more profitable as well as more constructive.
We can also plan a project together later on to put in practice our
knowledge.

"Tu vois ce que je veux dire?"

Thanks for the reply,
Mario

Francesco S. Carta

Bonjour Francesco..

Actually I'd like to get our own little group not to pollute the other
groups with our messages and organize better our studies.
I'd like it to be very organized studies and to have a schedule to
follow, we will get the things under control.

I've been studying other OOP languages some months ago.
I think getting together with some other people that has the same aim
is much more profitable as well as more constructive.
We can also plan a project together later on to put in practice our
knowledge.

"Tu vois ce que je veux dire?"

Yes, I understand all of that perfectly :)
Thanks for the reply,

You're welcome, hope you will be able to put together a good group, just
don't think your messages would "pollute" these groups: genuine
questions happen to develop into very interesting and entertaining
threads at times, despite being basilar issues in first place.

Good luck!