Beginner: Portable Python, BeautifulSoup & ScrapeNFeed

Joe Larson

Hello list!

I am a Python Beginner. I thought a good beginning project would be to
use the Portable Python environment http://www.portablepython.com/ with
Beautiful Soup http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/ and Scrape
'N' Feed http://www.crummy.com/software/ScrapeNFeed/ to create and RSS
feed of this page http://jobs.spb.ca.gov/exams_title.cfm - ideally
filtering just for positions with the string 'Research Analyst'.

In my day job I work on the Windows OS (hence the Portable Python) - at
home I use Ubuntu but also carry Portable Ubuntu as well.

I just wanted to shoot this to the list - see if anyone had any
suggestions or tips. I'm reading O'Reilly's Learning Python and The
Python Tutorial, but it's still very challenging as this is my first
programming language. Thanks all! Sincerely ~ joelar