Beginner Question - Very Easy I'm Sure...

Discussion in 'Python' started by Todd_Calhoun, Mar 24, 2005.

  1. Todd_Calhoun

    Todd_Calhoun Guest

    I'm trying to generate a random number, and then concetate it to a word to
    create a password.

    I get the number and assign it to a variable:

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    word = "dog"

    import random
    rannum = random.randrange(100,999)

    str(rannum)

    word + rannum

    Any suggestions?

    Todd_Calhoun, Mar 24, 2005

  2. Todd_Calhoun

    Jaime Wyant Guest

    str() returns a string, it doesn't change rannum which is still a number...

    try ->
    rannum = str(rannum)

    jw

    Jaime Wyant, Mar 24, 2005

  3. Todd_Calhoun said unto the world upon 2005-03-24 16:13:
    Hi,

    you call str(rannum) but don't store it. Try it like this:
    HTH,

    Brian vdB

    Brian van den Broek, Mar 24, 2005
  4. Todd_Calhoun

    Todd_Calhoun Guest

    Thanks for the tip. I knew it was something easy like that.

    Todd_Calhoun, Mar 25, 2005