  1. frank cubi

    frank cubi Guest

    Which is the most appropriate website for a person who is learning c++ ?

    frank cubi, Feb 12, 2014

  2. frank cubi

    Stefan Ram Guest

    I know some good books:

    You can read (in this order and doing the exercise):
    Programming -- Principles and Practice Using C++ (only if
    you have not programmed before) or Accelerated C++ (if you
    have programmed before), The C++ Programming Language,
    Effective C++, Exceptional C++ (Parts 1 and 2), Modern
    C++ programming, and ISO/IEC 14882:2011.

    There also might be websites with similar contents, but
    I am not aware of them.

    Stefan Ram, Feb 12, 2014

  3. frank cubi

    Cholo Lennon Guest

    Cholo Lennon, Feb 12, 2014
  4. frank cubi

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    Me neither. https://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/ is the only one I use. And
    /The C++ Programming Language/ is the only book I've read and liked.
    However, this mostly means I learned C++ slowly, and started a long
    time ago ...

    Apart from that I recommend:
    - writing lots of code
    - reading lots of code
    - learning your tools
    - hanging out on comp.lang.c++ and comp.lang.c++.moderated

    Happy hacking!

    /Jorgen

    Jorgen Grahn, Feb 12, 2014
  5. frank cubi

    woodbrian77 Guest

    I have an archive here:

    http://webEbenezer.net/build_integration.html

    That you're welcome to download and read.
    The code uses some of the newer features
    of the language.

    Brian
    Ebenezer Enterprises
    http://webEbenezer.net

    woodbrian77, Feb 12, 2014
  6. frank cubi

    K. Frank Guest

    Hello Frank!

    As Paavo mentioned,

    http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq/

    is a good place to start.

    (Some minor caveats: It can be a little overly prescriptive;
    it's philosophy is a bit too narrowly object oriented; and
    it's showing its age a little. One pet peeve of mind is that
    the web site's format became overly fragmented a few years ago.)

    For features added in the most recent standard (already a few
    years ago) Stroustrup's C++11 FAQ is very good:

    http://www.stroustrup.com/C++11FAQ.html

    Two good (not perfect) reference sites are:

    http://en.cppreference.com/w/

    and

    http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/

    (or if you prefer, http://www.cplusplus.com/).

    Stefan's book suggestions are very good.

    Also, although not technically a web site, this usenet group
    (or its moderated companion, comp.lang.c++.moderated) is a
    good place to post specific, single-topic questions when you
    come across something you don't understand or don't see how
    to do. (If you're learning, you'll get better answers if
    you do your homework first.)

    Happy Hacking!

    K. Frank

    K. Frank, Feb 12, 2014