beginner

Stefan Ram

frank cubi said:
Which is the most appropriate website for a person who is learning c++ ?

I know some good books:

You can read (in this order and doing the exercise):
Programming -- Principles and Practice Using C++ (only if
you have not programmed before) or Accelerated C++ (if you
have programmed before), The C++ Programming Language,
Effective C++, Exceptional C++ (Parts 1 and 2), Modern
C++ programming, and ISO/IEC 14882:2011.

There also might be websites with similar contents, but
I am not aware of them.

Jorgen Grahn

I know some good books:

You can read (in this order and doing the exercise):
Programming -- Principles and Practice Using C++ (only if
you have not programmed before) or Accelerated C++ (if you
have programmed before), The C++ Programming Language,
Effective C++, Exceptional C++ (Parts 1 and 2), Modern
C++ programming, and ISO/IEC 14882:2011.

There also might be websites with similar contents, but
I am not aware of them.

Me neither. https://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/ is the only one I use. And
/The C++ Programming Language/ is the only book I've read and liked.
However, this mostly means I learned C++ slowly, and started a long
time ago ...

Apart from that I recommend:
- writing lots of code
- reading lots of code
- learning your tools
- hanging out on comp.lang.c++ and comp.lang.c++.moderated

Happy hacking!

/Jorgen

woodbrian77

Me neither. https://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/ is the only one I use. And
/The C++ Programming Language/ is the only book I've read and liked.
However, this mostly means I learned C++ slowly, and started a long
time ago ...

Apart from that I recommend:
- writing lots of code
- reading lots of code

I have an archive here:

http://webEbenezer.net/build_integration.html

That you're welcome to download and read.
The code uses some of the newer features
of the language.

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises
http://webEbenezer.net

K. Frank

Hello Frank!

Which is the most appropriate website for a person who is learning c++ ?

As Paavo mentioned,

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq/

is a good place to start.

(Some minor caveats: It can be a little overly prescriptive;
it's philosophy is a bit too narrowly object oriented; and
it's showing its age a little. One pet peeve of mind is that
the web site's format became overly fragmented a few years ago.)

For features added in the most recent standard (already a few
years ago) Stroustrup's C++11 FAQ is very good:

http://www.stroustrup.com/C++11FAQ.html

Two good (not perfect) reference sites are:

http://en.cppreference.com/w/

and

http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/

(or if you prefer, http://www.cplusplus.com/).

Stefan's book suggestions are very good.

Also, although not technically a web site, this usenet group
(or its moderated companion, comp.lang.c++.moderated) is a
good place to post specific, single-topic questions when you
come across something you don't understand or don't see how
to do. (If you're learning, you'll get better answers if
you do your homework first.)

Happy Hacking!

K. Frank