Binding data source parameters to the properties of the containing control

Artem Ploujnikov

Hello everyone...

I'm wondering if it's possible to bind the parameters of, say, an
ObjectDataSource to one of the properties of the user control that contains
the data source in question... Here's a typical usage scenario:

Suppose I have an application that has an editor control (e.g. a "question
editor"). The control has a property called QuestionId, which refers to the
ID of the question being edited... It uses an ObjectDataSource to fetch the
question and it uses another ObjectDataSource to fetch the answer choices.

The other option is to put the data source in the editor's parent and bind
it the way you would bind a FormView or a DetailsView.

WBR, Artem.