Blocking XMPP API?

Gabriel Rossetti

Hello everyone,

I am looking for blocking XMPP API. I'm wanting to make a webservice
that uses XMPP, but all the XMPP libs I find are non-blocking (i.e. w/
callbacks). I'd like to be able to do something like :

cl = Client("(e-mail address removed)/res01", "password",)
msg = "<m....."
result = cl.send(msg)
print "I got '%s'" % str(result)

any ideas? Using Java I have Smack which can either get msgs sync or
async, but I found nothing that can do this in Python.

Thanks,
Gabriel

--
Arimaz SA
Ingénieur en Informatique

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Gabriel said:
I am looking for blocking XMPP API. I'm wanting to make a webservice
that uses XMPP, but all the XMPP libs I find are non-blocking (i.e. w/
callbacks).

So why not have the caller sleep or something until the callback is invoked?

It's easier to turn an async API into a synchronous one than the other way
round.

Gabriel Rossetti

Lawrence said:
In message <[email protected]>, Gabriel
Rossetti wrote:

So why not have the caller sleep or something until the callback is invoked?

It's easier to turn an async API into a synchronous one than the other way
round.
Yes, that is what I ended up doing, thanks for the response though :)

Gabriel