Books about Python.

cscorley

I'm up to write a 20-30 research paper for my computer science course,
and I was considering choosing to do mine on Python. I was curious if
anybody knows of any good books about python they could recommend that
have more of a technical view rather than a Teach-yourself-in-24-hours
type.

Thanks

tshopshire

I'm up to write a 20-30 research paper for my computer science course,
and I was considering choosing to do mine on Python.  I was curious if
anybody knows of any good books about python they could recommend that
have more of a technical view rather than a Teach-yourself-in-24-hours
type.

Thanks

Well here's one that cover just about everything(As you can tell from
the title)
But I'm not sure if it's exactly what you are looking for.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/007212718X/bigwebmasters-20

Peter Anderson

Hi!

I am currently working my way through "Python Programming: An
introduction to computer science" by John Zelle. Published by Franklin,
Beedle & Associates. ISBN: 1-887902-99-6. Book's home page:
http://www.fbeedle.com/99-6.html

I have a small but quite good Python library and this is the best Python
(actually best programming) book I have ever read. It is written as a
text for a first year (US) college level course. Python is used because
experience with other languages showed that their learning curves got in
the road of the primary function of the course.

"Problem Solving With Algorithms And Data Structures Using Python" by
Bradley N. Miller and David L. Ranum (ISBN-10: 1590280539 or ISBN-13:
978-1590280539 Book's home page: http://www.fbeedle.com/053-9.html) is
on my Amazon wish list to follow on from Zelle. This book is, as I
understand it, a second year text. See the book's home page for content
details.

I hope that helps,

Peter
--
*Peter Anderson*
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to

Mike Driscoll

I'm up to write a 20-30 research paper for my computer science course,
and I was considering choosing to do mine on Python.  I was curious if
anybody knows of any good books about python they could recommend that
have more of a technical view rather than a Teach-yourself-in-24-hours
type.

Thanks

If you want technical, I would recommend Lutz's "Programming Python"
3rd Ed or Chun's "Core Python Programming". Both are huge and have
tons of information!

Mike

Bruno Desthuilliers

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
I'm up to write a 20-30 research paper for my computer science course,
and I was considering choosing to do mine on Python. I was curious if
anybody knows of any good books about python they could recommend that
have more of a technical view rather than a Teach-yourself-in-24-hours
type.

May I recommand the fine manual and this newsgroup ?