Books on Ruby

Sarah Tanembaum

Are there any newer release of Ruby books(or documentation/tutorial) to
cover Ruby 1.8, or perhaps to include its future - Ruby 2.0?

Thanks

Sarah

Hal Fulton

Sarah said:
Are there any newer release of Ruby books(or documentation/tutorial) to
cover Ruby 1.8, or perhaps to include its future - Ruby 2.0?

"Pickaxe 2" is coming soon. September perhaps?

ruby-doc.org (?) has some stuff but is a bit confusing to navigate
sometimes.

There's a good summary of what's new in 1.8 on rubygarden.org -- search
for OneEightOh.

As for 2.0, I think it's still too far in the future to do much
documenting of it.

Hal

Randy Lawrence

Sarah said:
Are there any newer release of Ruby books(or documentation/tutorial) to
cover Ruby 1.8, or perhaps to include its future - Ruby 2.0?

Thanks

Sarah

Until PickAxe2 comes out in a couple months, checkout these two
resources on the new features of 1.8.0:

Fantastic writeup/changelog:
http://dev.faeriemud.org/changes-1.8.0.html

google cached it in case the site is down:
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...ml+what+is+new+in+1.8.0+ruby&hl=en&lr=lang_en

And a great article:

http://www.whytheluckystiff.net/articles/rubyOneEightOh.html