Books on Ruby...

barcaroller

Can someone kindly recommend some good books on the following:

Ruby for beginners
Ruby for advanced users

Ruby On Rails for beginners
Ruby On Rails for advanced users

Is there a bible like Larry Wall's Programming Perl or Bjarne Stroustrup's
The C++ Programming Language?

thefed

Can someone kindly recommend some good books on the following:

Ruby for beginners
-> Why's Poignant Guide
-> Humble Little Ruby Book
-> Learn To Code
Ruby for advanced users
-> Ruby Source Code
-> The Pickaxe
-> The Ruby Way
Ruby On Rails for beginners
-> Build Your Own Ruby On Rails Apps (Patrick Lentz)
-> There are only three days left to get it in PDF form for free (I
like print, though)!
Ruby On Rails for advanced users
-> Agile Web Development with Rails

http://blog.mrneighborly.com/2007/10/ruby-and-rails-bibliography-of-
sorts.html

That pretty much has it all!

The only ritualistically used book I know of is the Pickaxe, put out
by the Pragmatic Programmers.

- Ari Brown

Gene Tani

-> Why's Poignant Guide
-> Humble Little Ruby Book
-> Learn To Code

-> Ruby Source Code
-> The Pickaxe
-> The Ruby Way

-> Build Your Own Ruby On Rails Apps (Patrick Lentz)
-> There are only three days left to get it in PDF form for free (I
like print, though)!

-> Agile Web Development with Rails

http://blog.mrneighborly.com/2007/10/ruby-and-rails-bibliography-of-
sorts.html

That pretty much has it all!

The only ritualistically used book I know of is the Pickaxe, put out
by the Pragmatic Programmers.

- Ari Brown

There's new books coming out every week, it seems, check the leading
online retailer's website.

http://blog.mrneighborly.com/2007/10/ruby-and-rails-bibliography-of-sorts.html

kevin cline

Can someone kindly recommend some good books on the following:

Ruby for beginners

For experienced programmers wanting to work in Ruby, I found
"Programming Ruby" both comprehensible and comprehensive. For
beginning programmers, I don't know.
Ruby for advanced users

Programming Ruby, 2nd Edition, chapters 22-24.
Ruby On Rails for beginners
Ruby On Rails for advanced users

Agile Web Development With Rails for both.

Doug Hogg

barcaroller said:
Can someone kindly recommend some good books on the following:

Ruby for beginners
For absolute beginners to programming (even kids), "Learn to Program" by
Chris Pine is a very gentle introduction to Ruby.

Also for beginners, I am find "Beginning Ruby, From Novice to
Professional" by Peter Cooper very approachable but it also covers a lot
of ground.

Doug

Waleed Harbi

http://www.visibleworkings.com/little-ruby/