Books recommendation

Octavian Rasnita

Hello,

Do you have, or can I find elsewhere a recommendation for books,tutorials and sites appropriate for beginners?

I have a lot of experience in Perl but I am interested to also learn Python for:
- web development (with frameworks similar with Catalyst and Ruby on Rails, good templating systems, good ORMS and form processors)
- Desktop apps with WxPython
- Create MS Windows apps, executables, dlls, ActiveX, OS interaction...
- Text parsing, regular expressions...

I am also interested to find where I can get Python modules from and how... similar tools and sites with cpan and ppm for Perl.

Thank you.

Octavian

Anders Persson

You can't compile Python to exe files, but there is program packing
your script to a exe files, look att

www.py2exe.org

Beware that you must have py2exe version match your pythonversion and
att current time the highest version is 2.7.

/A

Octavian Rasnita

Thank you for your help.

I have succeeded to create a Windows executable with py2exe.

I've seen that the source code of the sample script is hidden. Do you know if it happens the same if the script uses other Python modules I will make?
(Will py2exe hide the source code of those modules also?)

Thanks.

Octavian