Building a Python app with Mozilla

Trent Mick

An interesting breakdown here:
http://www.ohloh.net/projects/10861/analyses/latest
> Is that why Komodo is so damned slow????

Probably not, no. Pinpointing the reasons for slowness is often a lot
more complicated. Particular slow points in any app/module -- especially
pathologically slow things -- are more often algoritmic than a function
of the language used. Komodo's use of Python is perhaps partially
responsible for a slower startup time than might otherwise be possible
-- but otherwise my experience in Komodo perf work has been algorithmic
issues. Also, if Komodo hadn't been using Python for application logic
since day one we probably wouldn't be much further than Notepad right
now. :)

Cheers,
Trent (komodo developer)