Building schematic like gui- directions needed

Joze Dedic

Hi!

I'm starting to build environment with schematic like gui. Some features
I need are:
- building blocks
- connections between blocks
- zoom in/out capability
- grid (sheet showable, snap to)

Can somebody gives me any directions... Perhaps is there any general
purpose MFC library that I could use...

What is general idea, if I would have to build evth on my own? Just
plain drawing of layers from behind-to-front-order? I.e. sheet grid,
connections, grid? How to handle zoom in/out?

Thanks, I would really appreciate any help.

jOc

Thomas Matthews

Joze said:
Hi!

I'm starting to build environment with schematic like gui. Some features
I need are:
- building blocks
- connections between blocks
- zoom in/out capability
- grid (sheet showable, snap to)

The C++ language has no facilities for graphics. That functionality
is platform specific and discussed in newsgroups about your platform
or compiler.

Can somebody gives me any directions...
North 5 furlongs, then southwest 2 leagues, east by 3.

Perhaps is there any general
purpose MFC library that I could use...

The folks in an MFC newsgroup would be of great help.

What is general idea, if I would have to build evth on my own?

Now the folks in may be of some help.

Just plain drawing of layers from behind-to-front-order?
I.e. sheet grid, connections, grid?
How to handle zoom in/out?

OTOH, perhaps some people at could help.

Thanks, I would really appreciate any help.

jOc

Read the welcome.txt and FAQs below for help.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt