C Unleashed cd split in half

Bert Szoghy

Hello,

I have been reading this brick, "C Unleashed" by Heathfield, Kirby,
etc. on the bus and split the cd in two lugging it around.

I tried emailing the author at his web site
http://users.powernet.co.uk/eton/unleashed/
but emails bounce back.

Could someone be kind enough to email a zip file of just the src code
and/or place it in a downloadable location on the web?

Would be much obliged.

Best regards,
Bert

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak

Bert said:
I have been reading this brick, "C Unleashed" by Heathfield, Kirby,
etc. on the bus and split the cd in two lugging it around.

I tried emailing the author at his web site
http://users.powernet.co.uk/eton/unleashed/
but emails bounce back.

Could someone be kind enough to email a zip file of just the src code
and/or place it in a downloadable location on the web?
Can't help ya, sorry, but I am wondering - what'd you think of the book?
Would you recommend it to someone who's been coding C for about ten
years or is it really more for beginners...?

I've read in one of the reviews that it should sit next to K&R on the
bookshelf - if that is the case, I just might buy it :)

rlc

Dan Pop

In said:
Can't help ya, sorry, but I am wondering - what'd you think of the book?
Would you recommend it to someone who's been coding C for about ten
years or is it really more for beginners...?

I've read in one of the reviews that it should sit next to K&R on the
bookshelf - if that is the case, I just might buy it :)

I'm afraid that the only way of making the right decision (for you) is
to go to a bookshop/library and browse it. My conclusion was that it
was not worth the price and the bookshelf space, but YMMV.

Dan

Default User

Dan said:
I'm afraid that the only way of making the right decision (for you) is
to go to a bookshop/library and browse it. My conclusion was that it
was not worth the price and the bookshelf space, but YMMV.

The library is another option for the OP, too. If he can find a the book
there, he can then copy then code from the CD to his computer or some
such.

BTW, for anyone who happens to live in St. Louis County MO, the library
system ordered three copies after I recommended it. It gets some usage,
there's usually at least one copy checked out when I look it up on-line.
Currently two copies are out.

Brian Rodenborn

Ben Pfaff

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak said:
Can't help ya, sorry, but I am wondering - what'd you think of the
book? Would you recommend it to someone who's been coding C for about
ten years or is it really more for beginners...?

As one of the authors, I may be somewhat biased (but I don't get
royalties based on sales). However, I think it's a useful book
because of its breadth. It covers a great number of topics all
over the landscape and covers most of them fairly well, although
of course the depth of each is somewhat limited. Even a
programmer who's been writing in C for ten years will probably
find at least a few topics entirely new to him.

Default said:
The library is another option for the OP, too. If he can find a the book
there, he can then copy then code from the CD to his computer or some
such.

Looking around I see that Prentice-Hall will replace damaged CDs. Send
email to (e-mail address removed) for more information.

Brian Rodenborn

Richard Bos

Can't help ya, sorry, but I am wondering - what'd you think of the book?
Would you recommend it to someone who's been coding C for about ten
years or is it really more for beginners...?

Can't speak for Mr. Szoghy, but I certainly would.

Richard