Calculating timespan

Erhard

I've been looking at the date/time classes and I'm at a loss as to how
to do this (probably too used to other platforms).

I have two date/time values. One represents 'now' and the other the last
modified time of a file on disk (from stat). I need to calculate the
difference in time (i.e., a 'timespan') between the two so I can tell if
the file has been modified in the past X minutes and do something to it.

Thanks =)

marek.rocki

Erhard napisa³(a):
I've been looking at the date/time classes and I'm at a loss as to how
to do this (probably too used to other platforms).

I have two date/time values. One represents 'now' and the other the last
modified time of a file on disk (from stat). I need to calculate the
difference in time (i.e., a 'timespan') between the two so I can tell if
the file has been modified in the past X minutes and do something to it.

Thanks =)

You can subtract one datetime object from another:

from datetime import datetime, timedelta
span = datetime.now() -
datetime(year=2008,month=8,day=27,hour=12,minute=34,second=56)
if span < timedelta(minutes=37):
# do something

Erhard

from datetime import datetime, timedelta
span = datetime.now() -
datetime(year=2008,month=8,day=27,hour=12,minute=34,second=56)
if span < timedelta(minutes=37):
# do something

timedelta! Yes, it's obvious that's what I was looking for. I was stuck
with 'timespan' in my head and couldn't find anything like it in the docs.

Thank you very much!