calendar and onchange question

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Peter, May 23, 2007.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hello

    I'm a newbie a javascript so please help me out

    I have a button that opens a calendar and populates a text box. I use
    the onclick event to open the calendar.

    Now the textbox has a onChange event that calls a function. The
    onChange fires perfectly if I type the date on the textbox, but if the
    calendar changes the date on the field then the onChange event doesn't fire.

    I even try the following, but it seems that both functions run at the
    same time and the value on the field is never picked up.

    onclick="CalendarPicker('./calendar.aspx');setPen();
    I was trying to get setPen to run after calendarpicker was done.

    What do I need to do to get around this?

    Thanks
    Peter

    Peter, May 23, 2007